Worcestershire Almond Thanksgiving Stuffing
Torn or cubed crusty bread (country or sourdough loaf work well!)
¼ cup salted butter
1 medium onion, diced
2 medium celery stalks, finely chopped
2 ½ cups white beer (like Hoegaarden) or vegetable broth
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
2 large eggs
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 cup chopped naturSource Worcestershire Almonds
1 cup dried apricots
1. Preheat your oven to 375F.
2. Use day old bread, cubes or teared pieces (about 8 cups).
3. Scatter bread on baking sheets in a single layer and dry in oven 15min. Remove and let it cool down.
4. Meanwhile, melt the butter in large sauté pan add the onion, celery, garlic and cook until translucent and tender, about 10minutes.
5. Put in big bowl add bread, stir in parsley.Drizzle 1 ¼ cup of liquid and toss lightly. Let cool.
6. Lightly whisk eggs, salt and pepper with the other1 ¼ cup of liquid, in a small bowl. Add to the bread mixture and fold gentlywith chopped Worcestershire almond and apricot.
7. Put into a lightly grease 9x13 inch baking dish,cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake for 25min at 180 °C (350F).
8. Uncover and continue baking for 10 more minutes until the top is golden brown.
9. Rest 10 min before serving.