White Bean and Almond Dip
This dip is a great pairing for fresh vegetables, grilled pitas, or crackers. It also makes a great spread for veggie or veggie-pâté sandwiches and wraps.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Soak time: 3 hours (only if using a small format blender)
Servings: 2 cups
- 250 mL (1 cup) naturSource Olio d’Oliva almonds
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) water
- 250 mL (1 cup) cannedwhite kidney beans, rinsed and drained well
- 1 lemon juiced
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) curlyparsley
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) choppedchives
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Salt and pepper totaste
Save this recipe to use as a base, and replace the fresh herbs with your favourite aromatics. Follow your every whim! Here are some of our favourite combinations:
- Mexican: add a few pinches of chili powder and some minced jalapeño peppers.
- Rose-coloured dip: add 125 mL (1/2 cup) of pickled beets and a pinch of cumin.
- Mediterranean: top with crumbled feta and halved cherry tomatoes.
1. Pour naturSource Olio d’Oliva almonds into a bowl and cover them with water. Let soak for 3 hours to soften them.
2. Once soaked, pour the almonds and the soaking water into a blender or food processor.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until the mixture achieves a dip-like consistency. If necessary, add a little more water to obtain a smooth texture.
4. Use a spatula to scrape the dip into a serving bowl. Top with chopped nuts, chives, and a drizzle of olive oil, if desired.