Ultra Moist Chocolate Cake
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
4 oz 70% dark chocolate, roughly chopped
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup banana purée
1/2 cup naturSource Gourmet Sélection premium nut mix, roughly chopped
1/4 cup naturSource Gourmet Sélection, roughly chopped
(optional) a drizzle of melted chocolate
1. Preheat theoven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch cake pan and cover the bottom with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, mix the flour, the cocoa powder and the salt. Set aside.
3. On very low heat, melt the chocolate and the butter until texture is smooth. Remove from heat source.
4. With a spatula, mix in the brown sugar, eggs and banana purée.
5. Sift the flour,cocoa and salt mixture into the melted chocolate, combine with a spatula.
6. Gently incorporate the naturSource Gourmet Sélection premium mix.
7. Pour batter into the lined cake pan. Top with ¼ cup of naturSource Gourmet Sélection premium mix, and bake for 25 minutes.
8. Let the cake cool in the pan before removing it from the mold. If desired, add a drizzle of melted chocolate on top. Cut into 16 and enjoy.