Tofu and vegetables
454g of firm tofu
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1 broccoli, cut into florets
1 carrot, cut into julienne strips
1 zucchini, cut into julienne strips
2 tsp cornstarch
¼ cup naturSource Teriyaki Uncrouton™
1/3 cup tamari sauce
1/3 cup honey
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 tbsp fresh ginger, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
½ teaspoon of sambal oelek
¼ cup vegetable broth
1. Prepare the marinade: In a bowl, mix together the tamari sauce, honey, rice vinegar, oil, ginger, garlic, sambal oelek and vegetable stock.
2. Slice and mop the tofu, then cut into cubes or triangles.
3. Place the tofu in the bowl of marinade, cover each piece of tofu well and marinate in the teriyaki sauce for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
4. Remove the tofu from the marinade, taking care to preserve the marinade. Reserve the marinade.
5. Pour the sesame oil into a frying pan and heat over medium-high heat. Add tofu and sesame seeds and grill for 6 minutes, turning halfway through cooking, or until tofu is golden brown. Remove tofu from pan.
6. Add broccoli to skillet, pour 2 tbsp. marinade, cover and cook 2 minutes. Add carrot and zucchini, cover and cook 2 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, add cornstarch to the remaining marinade and stir well. Add the marinade to the vegetables and mix. Add the tofu and heat for 1 minute.
8. Serve over rice or noodles. Sprinkle the Teriyaki Uncroutons™ just before serving.