Tofu and vegetables
- 454g of firm tofu
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 carrot, cut into julienne strips
- 1 zucchini, cut into julienne strips
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup naturSource Teriyaki Uncrouton™
- 1/3 cup tamari sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ½ teaspoon of sambal oelek
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- Prepare the marinade: In a bowl, mix together the tamari sauce, honey, rice vinegar, oil, ginger, garlic, sambal oelek and vegetable stock.
- Slice and mop the tofu, then cut into cubes or triangles.
- Place the tofu in the bowl of marinade, cover each piece of tofu well and marinate in the teriyaki sauce for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Remove the tofu from the marinade, taking care to preserve the marinade. Reserve the marinade.
- Pour the sesame oil into a frying pan and heat over medium-high heat. Add tofu and sesame seeds and grill for 6 minutes, turning halfway through cooking, or until tofu is golden brown. Remove tofu from pan.
- Add broccoli to skillet, pour 2 tbsp. marinade, cover and cook 2 minutes. Add carrot and zucchini, cover and cook 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add cornstarch to the remaining marinade and stir well. Add the marinade to the vegetables and mix. Add the tofu and heat for 1 minute.
- Serve over rice or noodles. Sprinkle the Teriyaki Uncroutons™ just before serving.