So Smart® Madeleines
1 cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup cornstarch
½ tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
3 eggs (at room temperature)
¾ cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2 tbsp orange zest
1 tbsp orange juice
½ cups naturSource So Smart® Mix (chopped)
1. Preheat oven to 350° degrees.
2. Grease one Madeleine pan.
3. Using a stand mixer or handheld mixer, combine eggs and sugar on a high speed for at least 8 minutes. Add vanilla and orange juice, stir in melted butter until combined.
4. In a different bowl, sift together flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to the wet ingredients until combined. Stir in orange zest and So Smart® mix.
5. Fill each scalloped form until about halfway through. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
6. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Transfer Madeleines to a cooling rack.