Leek and Celery Root Soup
- 1 celery root
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1L of vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon Herbes de Provence
- ½ cup naturSource Garlic & Herb Uncrouton™
- Alfalfa sprouts (optional)
- 10% heavy cream (garnish)
- Cut the base of the leek, then cut it in half lengthwise. Wash the inside of the leek well, then slice the white and green.
- Using a knife, remove the celery root peel. Cut into coarse cubes.
- Place the butter in a high pot and heat over medium heat. Add vegetables and cook for 5 minutes,stirring occasionally.
- Add broth and herbs, cover and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Using the mixing foot, reduce to a smooth purée.
- Just before serving, add the naturSource Garlic & Herb Uncroutons™. If desired, decorate with a drizzle of cream and sprouts.