Have you ever had chocolate lava cake? If you haven’t, then you are in for a treat! With a rich melted chocolate core, this recipe will instantly become a family favourite, and can ignite any party! Make it even better by topping it off with our Salted Hot Cocoa nut mix, creating the perfect creamy and crunchy bites! So go ahead and give it a try, we promise you won’t regret it.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 100g dark chocolate
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp naturSource Salted Hot Cocoa Mix, chopped
*You will need 4 individual-sized ramekins for this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray two ramekins with non-stick spray.
- Melt the chocolate and the butter in the microwave.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat the egg with the sugar for one minute.
- Gently fold the melted chocolate into the egg and sugar mixture.
- Add the flour and mix.
- Pour into the ramekins. Place the ramekins on a baking sheet and bake on the center rack of the oven for 10 minutes, or until the tops of the cakes are cooked. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Just before serving, add the nut mixture as a garnish. You can unmold the cake or serve it in the ramekin.
For baking: Since every oven is different, baking times may vary slightly. The higher the mold, the longer the cake will take to bake.