Grilled Halloumi and Kale Salad
This salad is perfect for your next barbecue, pairing well with grilled meats and vegetables; and it can be made only a few hours in advance!
We recommend massaging the kale well, by crumpling the leaves in your hands. This softens the leaves and helps the vinaigrette soak into the fibres of the leaves, which will make your salad even more delicious!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 250 mL (1 cup) frozenedamame
- 1.5 L (6 cups) kaleleaves, finely chopped
- 1 pack (160 g) halloumicheese, chopped into small rectangles
- 250 mL (1 cup) grapes,halved
- 2 mini cucumbers,diced, or 250 mL (1 cup) chopped cucumber of your choice
- 250 mL (1 cup) naturSource Salad Topper Wildberry
Maple and Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) oliveoil
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) balsamicvinegar
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) maplesyrup
- 5 mL (1 tsp) Dijonmustard
- Salt and pepper, totaste
1. Heat the edamame in the microwave, according to the directions on the packaging. Rinse them under cold water after heating and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients.
3. Fill a large bowl with the kale and pour the vinaigrette over it. Mix well with your hands to tenderize the leaves (see note). Set aside.
4. Cook the halloumi cheese on the stove or the barbecue on medium heat for about 3-5minutes on each side, or until the cheese is well grilled.
5. Add the rest of the ingredients and the grilled halloumi to the kale. Mix well and enjoy!