Chocolate Orange Sponge Toffee with Maple Almonds
¾ cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon of baking powder
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
¼ cup naturSource Maple Almonds
1. In a large saucepan (make sure it’s big because when you add baking soda to caramel, it will rise a lot), heat granulated sugar and water on medium heat. Stir until the sugar is dissolved, and bring to a boil.
2. When the caramel is a light golden colour, take it off the heat and stir/whisk in the baking powder.
3. Pour caramel on to parchment paper, and let cool until caramel reaches room temperature.
4. Zest the orange and chop up naturSource Maple Almonds.
5. Place a metal mixing bowl over a simmering saucepan (bowl cannot touch the water), and add the chocolate so that it melts. Add the juice of half an orange.
6. Sprinkle the orange zest and the naturSource Maple Almonds all over the chocolate. Let the chocolate cool (I put it in the fridge).
7. Break the caramel and serve!