Chocolate Orange Sponge Toffee with Maple Almonds
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 orange
- ¼ cup naturSource Maple Almonds
- In a large saucepan (make sure it’s big because when you add baking soda to caramel, it will rise a lot), heat granulated sugar and water on medium heat. Stir until the sugar is dissolved, and bring to a boil.
- When the caramel is a light golden colour, take it off the heat and stir/whisk in the baking powder.
- Pour caramel on to parchment paper, and let cool until caramel reaches room temperature.
- Zest the orange and chop up naturSource Maple Almonds.
- Place a metal mixing bowl over a simmering saucepan (bowl cannot touch the water), and add the chocolate so that it melts. Add the juice of half an orange.
- Sprinkle the orange zest and the naturSource Maple Almonds all over the chocolate. Let the chocolate cool (I put it in the fridge).
- Break the caramel and serve!