Caesar salad with kale
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated or in flakes
- 1 cup Vegan Caesar Uncrouton™
- 1 tsp. capers
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 ¼ cup soft tofu
- 3 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic,chopped
- 2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. anchovy paste or 2 anchovies (for vegan dressing use 1 tsp capers)
- ½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare dressing: In a blender or small food processor, combine all dressing ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, drizzle olive oil. Add the kale and massage with your fingers for about 3 minutes, until the kale is tender.
- Pour dressing over kale and toss. Add Parmesan cheese, Uncroutons™ and capers. Just before serving, slice the avocado and add to the salad.