Blueberry and dark chocolate muffins
Start your day fully charged with this great muffin recipe featuring: blueberries, Greek yogurt, and our So Smart trail mix. Made with all healthy ingredients, these muffins will give you all the energy you need to power through your day.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Servings: 12 muffins
- 375 mL (1 ½ cup) whole wheat flour
- 250 mL (1 cup) quick cooking rolled oats
- 175 mL (3/4 cup) brown sugar
- 7.5 mL (1 ½ tsp) baking powder
- 5 mL (1 tsp) baking soda
- 5 mL (1 tsp) cinnamon
- 250 mL (1 cup) plain Greek yogurt
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) milk or soy milk
- 80 mL (1/3 cup) canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 5 mL (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 175 mL (3/4 cup) frozen blueberries
- 175 mL (3/4 cup) So Smart Dark Chocolate & Wild Blueberry Trail Mix
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C) and place the rack at the center of the oven.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In another bowl, using a fork, combine the Greek yogurt, milk, canola oil, eggs, and the vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix.
- Add the blueberries and the So Smart trail mix and fold in gently.
- Distribute the dough evenly in each muffin cup in the tray. Optional: sprinkle some So Smart Trail Mix on top for an extra crunch.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until your toothpick comes out clean after inserting it at the center of the muffin.
The secret to baking super moist muffins, is to avoid mixing too much! As soon as the dry ingredients and wet ingredients are mixed, stop mixing.