Beet, Feta & Dill Tartar
This beet tartare is filled with textures and SO MUCH flavour; creamy, crunchy, sweet, and cheesy. It’s basically a party for your mouth, and a fabulous appetizer to any meal. Served on either a bed of arugula or with endive leaves, this amazing and colourful dish will leave your guests wanting more.
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 750 mL (3 cups) beets, cut into small cubes
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) crumbled feta cheese
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) original salad topper
- ¼ French shallot, finely chopped
- 15 mL (1 tsp) fresh dill, finely chopped
- 15 mL (1 tsp) olive oil
- 15 mL (1 tsp) maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) Garlic & Herb Uncrouton Salad Topper
For 3 cups of cubed beets, you will need about 3 whole beets. We recommend buying cooked beets, that are vacuum-packed, to save you time. You can usually find them in the refrigerated section in the produce aisle.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients together.
- When ready to serve, place the mixture evenly inside your ring molds, to make 4 equal portions. Press until the tartar holds its shape.
- Garnish with our Uncrouton salad topper. Optional: Serve on a bed of arugula to add a little pop of colour and flavour!