Spicy gingerbread granola cookies
Past the crispy exterior of these spicy gingerbread cookies hides a chewy middle, filled with raisins, oats, ground ginger, cinnamon and other spices.
Submitted by: Ksenia Prints
- ⅓ c light molasses
- ⅓ c butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1¼ c all purpose flour
- ½ cup of naturSource® Cinnamon Raisin granola – blend oats with raisins at a 2:1 ratio.
- ⅓ c sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp each cinnamon and ginger
- ¼ tsp each cloves, nutmeg and black pepper
- In a small saucepan, heat molasses and butter, stir until butter melts; let cool. Stir in beaten egg.
- Mix dry ingredients together, add gradually to molasses mixture. Blend thoroughly.
- Shape mixture into 1-inch balls. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 375 for 10-12 minutes. While still warm, dust cookies with powdered sugar. Store in airtight container. Makes about 30.
After finding that a career in journalism and political writing just wasn’t filling her up, Ksenia Prints decided to sink her teeth into cooking, baking, and food writing. She blogs, photographs and creates all content over at http://immigrantstable.com, where she details her allergy-conscious attempts to recreate and adapt her family’s migrant kitchen